Admissions to postgraduate programs (Master’s and Ph.D.) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some organizations for their recruitment. Examinations for all the papers shall be conducted as Computer Based Test only. The validity of GATE 2017 score shall be for three years. The GATE 2017 shall also be held for candidates in other countries such as, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Arab Emirates (UAE). FOR MORE DETAILS, please visit GATE 2017 website www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
Candidates with any of the following qualifications are eligible to appear in GATE 2017.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year.
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs. o Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs o Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- APPLICATION STARTING DATE 1st September 2016 (Thursday) CLOSING DATE 4th October 2016 (Tuesday)
- Dates of Examination: 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2017 (On Saturdays and Sundays). The exact schedule shall be displayed on the GATE 2017 website www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
Application Fee: The application fee is ` 750 for women candidates, ` 750 for SC/ST/PwD category candidates and ` 1500 for all other candidates. For International candidates application fee is US $50. THE APPLICATION FEE ONCE SUBMITTED SHALL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Apapplication Process: For more details on filling and submission of ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, please see the GATE 2017 website www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
Zonal Institute Address Tentative List of Examination Cities (subject to minor changes) Chairman, GATE, IISc Bangalore, Bengaluru – 560 012 Website: gate.iisc.ernet.in Ananthapur, Bagalkot, Bengaluru, Bellary, Belgaum, Bidar, Davengere, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Hyderabad, Kannur, Kasargod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangalore, Manipal, Mysore, Palakkad, Payyannur, Port Blair, Shimoga, Thrissur, Tumkur, Vadakara Chairman, GATE, IIT Bombay Powai, Mumbai – 400 076 Website: www.gate.iitb.ac.in Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara Chairman, GATE, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016 Website: gate.iitd.ac.in Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh, Bikaner, New Delhi, Faridabad, Greater NOIDA, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, Palwal, Rohtak, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain Chairman, GATE, IIT Guwahati Guwahati – 781039 Website: www.iitg.ernet.in/gate Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur Chairman, GATE, IIT Kanpur Kanpur – 208016 Website: gate.iitk.ac.in Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi Chairman, GATE, IIT Kharagpur Kharagpur – 721302 Website: gate.iitkgp.ac.in Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (Surampalem), Kharagpur/Haldia/Bishnupur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram Chairman, GATE, IIT Madras Chennai – 600036 Website: gate.iitm.ac.in Alappuzha, Aluva, Angamaly, Attingal, Bapatla, Chennai, Chengannur, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nagercoil, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchengode, Thiruvannamalai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal Chairman, GATE, IIT Roorkee Roorkee – 247667 Website: www.gate.iitr.ernet.in Ambala, Amritsar, Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana-Khanna, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, NOIDA, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala-Sangrur, Roorkee, Shimla-Solan-Baddi, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar International Abu Dhabi / Dubai (UAE), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore