News & Events
DU Admission 2018 FAQ
- May 20, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Delhi university
- Q 1 How I can register myself for admission to undergraduate courses in University of Delhi? Ans. You can register online for all undergraduate courses through the admission portal URL http://admission.du.ac.in & follow the guidelines to proceed.
- Q 2 I have registered online on the DU undergraduate (UG) online portal. Do I still need to fill up the offline form for undergraduate admission? Ans. No, there’s no offline form.
- Q 3 Can I apply in multiple programmes/courses in an online form? Ans. Yes, you may select all programmes/courses of your interest through a single online registration form. It is important to note that you can apply in all merit based as well as entrance based courses through the same online application.
- Q 4 Is it possible to change/update the information provided by the applicant in the online application form, once the fee is submitted? Ans. No, the applicant can’t change/update the information once the fee is submitted.
- Q 5 I made an error in my online registration form. Do I need to register again using different email-id ? Ans. No, the portal allows you to register only once. However, you can rectify error by lo gging again into your account through the “Edit” button at the end of each session/page till the online registration portal is open & the fee is not paid.
- Q 6 How to pay registration fee on DU UG Portal? Ans. The payment is accepted online only through credit card/debit card/Net Banking/UPI.
- Q 7 How does one apply through the ECA or Sports quota? Is there a separate fee for applying to these quotas? Ans. You can apply for ECA and Sports quota by selecting appropriate options in registration form. There is an additional fee of Rs. 100 each for applying under ECA or Sports quota
- Q 8 Is it possible to apply under ECA/Sports Category once I have paid my registration fee. Ans. No, once you have paid the fee, you will not be able to apply under ECA/Sports Category.
- Q 9 Why am I not able to preview my application and also not able to pay the fee? Ans. Please ensure that you have: 1. Completed the mandatory fields (marked with red asterisk) on every page. 2. You have uploaded the required documents under the section ‘Uploads’.
- Q 10 Will there be any disadvantage for gap year students? Ans. No, there is no disadvantage for gap year students and they would be treated at par with regular students. They should meet the requisite criteria for admission and must possess the necessary documents/certificates.
- Q 11 Will the applicants be given admission on a first come, first serve policy after declaration of cut-offs? Ans. Admissions in the colleges are not based on first come first serve policy. Instead, the applicant who has filled the o nline registration form and satisfies the criteria and cut-off for a particular programme/course in a particular college will be considered for admission as per the schedule of admission specified.
- Q 12 I did not have Mathematics in class 12th. Can I opt for B.A (H) Economics / B.Com (H)/ BMS/BBA(FIA)/ BA (H) Business Economics? Ans. No, without Mathematics, you are not eligible for above courses.
- Q 13 Can I take admission in two different courses or same course in different colleges after declaration of a cut off? Ans. No, you cannot take admission simultaneously in two different courses or same courses in different colleges. In c ase you take admission at two places, your admission will be cancelled from both the colleges/courses.
- Q 14 I have completed my class 12thfrom NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling). Can I get admission in a regular college? Ans. Yes, you can get admission in a regular college provided you have applied in an available programme/course and meet the cut-off criteria.
- Q 15 Is it important to have caste or tribe certificate in the name of a candidate/applicant? Ans. Yes, if you are applying under any reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PwD), then you must have the latest Caste/Tribe/PwD certificate in the name of candidate. The OBC certificate must also specify that candidate belong s to non-creamy layer and the caste is listed in the Central Government list.
- Q 16 If my result is awaited, Can I submit the online registration form? Ans. Yes, you can submit the online registration form by choosing “Awaited” in the drop -down menu of “Result Status” on “Academic Details” page/section while entering the information. However, you will have to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria/meeting cut-off list of that course/college during the stipulated period.